Sound Horizon and Linked Horizon are the productions of the artist Revo, with him being the only permanent member. This board is for related discussions from fans.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

1st Horizon Impressions

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Thanako

Chancellor

1st Horizon Impressions Empty
Thanako

PostSubject: 1st Horizon Impressions 1st Horizon Impressions EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 5:22 pm#1

-1ST CONCEPT STORY CHRONICLE & 1ST STORY RENEWAL CHRONICLE 2ND IMPRESSIONS THREAD-

1st Horizon Impressions Tp77yJJ

Kimi ga Umarete Kuru Sekai [Chronicle] wrote:
What is to be reflected in those eyes of yours…?
There will be things of beauty, and revolting things too…

Kimi ga Umarete Kuru Sekai [Chronicle 2nd] wrote:
The promise made between myself, and you, who will be born shortly…
No matter what may come... This time, I will protect you above all else...

Even though Chronicle 2nd has a lot of updates from the original Chronicle, not all stories are retained or adapted the same way. To truly understand the world of Chronicle, you need to look deeper, and see both releases not as separate, but as one entity. Neither is a greater force than the other, nor is the 2nd a full replacement of the 1st. With this common misconception out of the way, let's discuss the birth of Sound Horizon as we know it today!

Last edited by Thanako on Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://strophe-horizon.rpg-board.net
Ghostie

Ghostie

PostSubject: Re: 1st Horizon Impressions 1st Horizon Impressions EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 5:26 pm#2

Very glad that perhaps the greatest Sound Horizon misconception of all time was addressed. For the longest time I ignored Chronicle because I heard that Chronicle 2nd made the first release obsolete.

There are key songs from Chronicle not in Chronicle 2nd, and overall, it's just a very different feel. Chronicle 2nd is one of my favorite releases with its excellent "story arcs" and a really interesting ending, even if it's some of the most vague and abstract stuff in Sound Horizon in terms of point of view.

The first will give us key insight into the last, I think. History repeats itself, and Chronicle is a big part of every Horizon due to this idea.
Back to top Go down

1st Horizon Impressions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1