Sound Horizon and Linked Horizon are the productions of the artist Revo, with him being the only permanent member. This board is for related discussions from fans.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ceui backup

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Thanako

Chancellor

Ceui backup Empty
Thanako

Ceui backup Empty
Ceui backup Empty

Ceui backup Empty
PostSubject: Ceui backup Ceui backup EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:30 pm#1

Ceui backup Ceuih1_zpscsdq07ie

~ Ceui ~

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

.: Profile :.

Ceui backup Ceuiprofile_zpsjcojq2ai

.: Social media :.

Official page | Twitter | Blog

Ceui is known for her anime and videogame songs. Since a young age she has been in contact with music, her mother was a piano teacher and that caused her to learn how to play this instrument. She was also interested in literature and writing her own verses, actually her degree is in Japanese literature. After working as indie, and offering herself to compose music for stores, her major debut under Lantis was in 2007 with the single Madoromi no Rakuen.

Despite of those years of being active, she didn't release any PV, and it wasn't until her fourth album and latest album that we could see them from her part.

It's known that she's friends with LiSA and Kanon Wakeshima, and assists to their concerts. Haruka Shimotsuki and nao have worked with her too.

She likes to include "(^∇^)" and any variation of it in almost all her tweets, it even is in the title of one of her songs. Also she has her own ways for saying thank you and greetings, for example, she won't reply with "Arigato", rather, she will write "Aridora", for "Konnichiwa" it will be "Konnichidora".

Ceui composes her own songs, and I find really interesting that after working with Revo, her albums Labyrinthus was recorded as a story, and divided in chapter; besides that, she dared to release a 14 minutes song that contains drastic changes of music and also tells a story, something that never happened in her previous works. After that, another 13 minutes song was included in one of her latest albums. 

And here is my second apport. I hope you find it interesting!

Now the usual questions: Did you know about Ceui before Sound Horizon/Linked Horizon? Do you think Revo has influenced her work?

I'm a huge fan of Faylan -everything started shortly after her debut-, who has also been part of anime and other media themes. She's also under Lantis, and in one of the best albums for certain videogame, Ceui was also included. I listened to the album for Faylan reasons, but that was also my first contact with Ceui. I have to mention that thanks to that type of releases, I've known other singers, like Rita or yozuca*, and I follow them after that. But returning to the topic, being honest, I really didn't like Ceui's song back then, and now that I've listened to everything she has released so far, that particular song is still one of my least favorites... So no wonder why I didn't bother in searching more of her time ago. But again, with Sanhora that changed, and I gave her a second chance, I was truly surprised by her other themes and gosh, a sweet voice that fits perfectly with that angelical music.

I personally think Revo indeed changed her compositions, maybe Ceui liked the way music and stories can mix -given her degree, it was easy to expect-, and she did her own after seeing how it was possible. Those 10+ minutes songs, even with all those changes, totally have her own style, but it's really nice to notice that influence.
Back to top Go down
https://strophe-horizon.rpg-board.net

Ceui backup

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1